About this Event
The Columbia Alumni Association Network LinkedIn group is an online platform, which has over 34,000 alumni and current students interested in professional networking. This event will provide an opportunity for group members to virtually introduce themselves to one another.
No matter where you are in the world, you can use sign in from your home, office, or local library. Sign up now for a chance to connect with alumni for the LinkedIn Virtual Networking Hour.
It’s free , it’s for only an hour and it’s fun!
How It Works
- Register for the event in advance.
- On the day and time of the event, log-in and join the live session. You will receive log-in details 24-hours and 2-hours before the event.
- Once you join enter the live event. You’ll be taken to a lobby containing the following industry booths:
- Arts, Media, Communications, Marketing
- Science, Technology, Engineering
- Business, Finance, Economics
- Public Policy, Government, Law
- Wildcard – connect me with alumni from any industry!
- Click “View” to enter a booth, and make your status “Available” when you’re ready to begin chatting with other attendees. Next, go to the "Dashboard" located in the top right hand corner to see the chats come through. Please note that you’re welcome to visit more than one industry booth during the event.
- You will be randomly paired with fellow Columbia alumni for eight-minute, text-based, timed conversations.
- After the 8-minutes is complete, you can wait to be connected to the next person in your industry booth or you can return to the lobby to join a different industry cluster.
- After the event, you can revisit the event dashboard to view your connections, chat transcripts, and follow-up notes.
Before the event, think of what you're looking for professionally and what advice you can share with fellow Columbians. Here are some ideas on how to get the conversation started:
- What did you study at Columbia?
- What do you do professionally?
- Can I ask for your advice on ____?
- If you could do one thing differently in your career, what would it be?
Questions? Please contact Lindsay Hotaling at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-851-9924. If you are interested in learning about other networking opportunities, visit Career Connections on the CAA website.
See More About How it Works!